Jacobs Equity is owned and operated by Jeff Jacobs. Jeff has worked for over a decade developing a practical implementation of best practice financial models and using portfolio simulations to analyze and optimize client portfolios.
Jeff was awarded a full national fellowship to pursue graduate research in engineering at Stanford University, where he received a deep background in various disciplines that would later prove critical to his success as an investor:
- Analysis and modeling of complex multivariable systems
- Numerical and statistical methods
- Ability to understand and apply academic research while paying attention to its underlying assumptions and limitations when applied to real world problems
Jeff practiced as a corporate tax and estate planning lawyer in a large Silicon Valley large firm after being awarded a law degree from Stanford Law School. His deep tax expertise has saved millions of dollars for his clients over the years.
Jeff has over two decades of experience as an investor. He employs the same strategies in his own personal investing that he uses for clients.
Jeff Jacobs is a Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) representative, attorney, and engineer. He has designed satellites in collaboration with NASA, and used his computational modeling background to design and build an award-winning unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV). He holds two advanced degrees from Stanford University. He is a member of the California and Utah bars. His career has included stints as a rocket scientist and patent lawyer. Prior to starting Jacobs Equity he was a corporate tax lawyer helping businesses and individuals understand and reduce their federal, state, and local tax liabilities.
Jeff Jacobs — Prior Professional Background
- Attorney, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman specializing in Corporate Tax and Estate Planning
- Attorney, Fish & Neave (now Ropes & Gray) specializing in Intellectual Property
Jeff Jacobs — Education
- Stanford Law School – J.D., 2005
- Stanford University – M.S. Mechanical Engineering, 2002
- Utah State University – B.S. Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, 2000
- License: FINRA Series 65 (Investment Adviser Law Examination)